by Amy K. Bredemeyer
If you don't want to sift through our entire holiday schedule,we're still doing daily recommendations through Christmas! Below are some ideas for Wednesday, December 21st. As always, times are Eastern and Pacific to the best of our knowledge (except when noted otherwise), but it's always good to double-check with your own provider.
5pm: The Polar Express (ABCFamily)
- Confession: I've never seen this movie. I own it. I bought it probably six years ago. My husband loved the story when he was a kid, and the previews looked great. For the past four or five years, we've sat down and said "we've got to watch this movie this Christmas!" and it hasn't happened. This year we even set aside time to do it, but we didn't think about interfering factors and ended up not having time once again. But, I hear it's great. Like, really, really wonderful. So, just because I can't get it in, doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a whirl!
6pm (PT): The Wonder Years "Let Nothing You Dismay" (HUB)
- Winnie unexpectedly gets Kevin a gift, and he assumes that it's expensive. So, he struggled to come up with something just as nice, though he doesn't really have the money. Puppy love aside, Jack has struggles of his own when his business partner wants out, hoping to return to the company that made Jack so miserable for all those years.
7pm: Prep & Landing (ABCFamily)
- Don't be jealous. That's the moral of this story. But it is told in such a cute way that you wouldn't know it unless you thought about it. Just because you've been doing the same job for 200+ years and you're looked over for a promotion doesn't mean you should slack off. Train the new guy and help make the entire operation better! That's what Wayne learns here.
7:30pm: Prep & Landing: Naughty or Nice (ABCFamily)
- This is this year's newest installment to the Prep & Landing shorts, so if you haven't caught it yet (it's run a couple of times, including the original broadcast on December 5th), here's your chance! If the superb animation wasn't a tip-off, this short definitely defines itself from the early Christmas classics because it features a hacker. Cooperation is key in this special, and the end result is that it can win you big things!
8pm: The Santa Clause (ABCFamily)
- If you haven't watched this movie yet this holiday season, make the time to do so. Maybe it's because I was in middle school when this movie was popular, but it became one of my favorites quickly, and it's a must-see each year for me. Tim Allen as Santa Claus, with a wonderful story, brilliant art direction, and some memorable moments.